Schedule of Services:
Tuesday 15th June
Supplication to St Nectarios, 7pm - 8pm
Saturday 19th June
Matins, Divine Liturgy, Memorials (Ψυχοσάββατο), 9am - 12pm
Sunday 20th June
Matins, Divine Liturgy, 8:30am - 11:30am
In line with Government guidance, we have carried out a risk assessment and made some changes to the Church to help keep everyone safe.
Due to public health concerns, we ask that you respectfully comply with our 10 Golden Rules:
1. Observe social distancing rules - face coverings must be worn in church
2. If you feel unwell, stay at home and follow self-isolation guidance.
3. Feast days (Yiortes) and memorial (Mnimosina) services will be offered as usual but without the sharing of Kolliva or feast day breads
4. Sanitise your hands on entry and exit - there a number of sanitising stations provided for this around our church
5. Please remain in your seats with your family if you have attended with them, and please stay as quiet as you can throughout the service
6. Do not move any chairs or other furniture - they have been placed in accordance with social distancing rules
7. Observe and comply with the new one-way system in the Church by following the signs
8. Please switch off mobile phones on entry - recordings and photography are prohibited at this time
9. Yiortes and Mnimosina services will be held following the Doxology (around 10am)
10. Please make payments for Yiortes and Mnimosina when you enter the hall - we now accept credit and debit card payments as well as cash
Congregating and socialising is not permitted on the Church premises at this time.
Thank you for your cooperation, and thank you also for watching our live-streams, which will be continuing.
The Live-Streams take place on our Facebook page.
At the Greek Orthodox Parish of Saint Nectarios, we know that inspiration opens hearts. An open heart is an open mind and an open mind is one that can practice tolerance, experience gratitude and feel the glory of God. It is our belief that God is present in all of us, but His active presence can only be felt through faith in Him. We are dedicated to the service of God and all his people, and our goal is to inspire you through the holiness of our dwelling and our services. We invite you to become a part of our growing congregation.
PRAYER BY THE ORTHODOX CHURCH OF AMERICA FOR THE CORONAVIRUS
Let us pray to the Lord
Lord, have mercy.
O God Almighty, Lord of heaven and earth, and of all creation visible and invisible, in thine ineffable goodness, look down upon us, thy people gathered in thy Holy Name. Be our helper and defender in this day of affliction. Thou knowest our weakness. Thou hearest our cry in repentance and contrition of heart. O Lord who lovest mankind, deliver us from the impending threat of the coronavirus. Send thine angel to watch over us and protect us. Grant health and recovery to those suffering from this virus. Guide the hands of physicians and preserve those who are healthy. Enable us to continue to serve our suffering brothers and sisters in peace that together we may glorify thy most honourable and majestic name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages.
Father Christodoulos Christodoulou
Our congregation comes together before God under the leadership of Father Christodoulos Christodoulou. We’re proud to call Father Chris (AKA FC in some circles) our church leader and a great example for all of our members.